Serves: 4 people
Time: 20 min.
- 250g shelled walnuts
- 2 thin slices ciabatta o sodorough bread, crusts removed
- 60ml milk
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 75g ricotta
- 45ml evo
- 1 tbsp finely chopped majoram leaves
- Blanch the walnuts in a pan of boiling water for 30 sec, then drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water to cool. Drain again, then wrap in a clean tea towel and rub off the skins. You can shortcut by buying peeled halved walnuts.
- Put the bread and milk in a bowl and leave to soak 5min.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid, then add the bread to the walnut.
- Add the garlic and the pine nuts.
- Use a mini food processor to blend the mixture.
- Add the ricotta, the olive oil a few pinch of salt, then the majoram and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Use straightaway as a sauce for ravioli stuffed withb spinach or dry pasta.
- It could be keep in the fridge for up to one week, if it be covered with a thin layer of olive oil.