This was our second Easter in lockdown. I could not spend time with my grandparents for more than one year due to the coronavirus. So I celebrated Easter morning cooking the pasta via FaceTime with my grandma Domenica.
Serves: 8 people
Time: 2 hours plus the baking time.
- 800gr Maccheroni
- 500gr pork minced meat
- 400gr salami diced
- 400gr smoked provola diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- bread crumbs
- 3 tin cans of finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- half onion
- 6 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper.
- Prepare the meatball: mix the meat, 2 beaten eggs, 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan, salt, pepper and bread crumbs, just enough to give the mixture consistency.
- Make the meatballs as big as a marble.
- Prepare the sauce: heat the oil in a large shallow pan, add the onion and the tomatoes. Bring to simmer and let it cook for one hour, one hour and a half.
- Meanwhile, dice the salami and smoked provola and slice thinly the hard-boiled eggs.
- When the sauce is almost done, start to boil the maccheroni in salted water for half of the pack instructions.
- In a big bowl, pour together everything, and stir properly.
- Pour in a baking tray, and sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Cook about an hour, until the top is crisp.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 10min.