Serves: 4 people
Time: 20 min.
- 1 and 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup runny tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamon & clove
- 2 oranges-zest
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150c fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add the almonds into a blender and pulse until they are broken up ( 7-10 pulses work well for me).
- Mix them in a big bowl with the pumpkin seeds, rolled oats, spices and orange zest. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and tahini in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Pour it over the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined. Transfer the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it by pressing down with your hands to stick togheter.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 40 min, until the edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 15 min and break up the granola with your hands into large chunks. Store in an air-tight container.
Enjoy with almond milk or organic Greek yoghurt and seasonal fruits!!